Williamsport Volunteer Fire Department
FREE SMOKE DETECTOR PROGRAM
- To provide free smoke detectors to all residents in our first-due response area
- To prevent the loss of life from fire within our area
- To have 100% of residences in our area protected by an installed and functional smoke detector.
What are the requirements to receive a free smoke Detector?
- You must be a resident within our first-due response area. (Not sure if that's you? Go ahead and submit your request. We can point you in the right direction.)
How Do I Get a Smoke Detector?
- Call the Fire Department at 301-223-9112.
*What happens once I call and make a request?
- Your name, address and phone number will be logged into a Request Log. WVFC personnel will then contact you by telephone to schedule an appointment convenient for you to install your smoke detector(s). Please be patient, we are using our on-duty firefighters to install the detectors as quickly as possible.
NOTE: This program is not designed to replace the responsibility that landlords have to their renters to provide smoke detectors as outlined in State of Maryland Fire Codes.