Williamsport Volunteer Fire & EMS
FREE SMOKE DETECTOR PROGRAM
- To provide free smoke detectors to all residents in our first-due response area
- To prevent the loss of life from fire within our area
- To have 100% of residences in our area protected by a functional smoke detector
What are the requirements to receive a free smoke detector?
- You must be a resident within our first-due response area. (Not sure if that's you? Go ahead and submit your request. We can point you in the right direction.)
How do I get a free smoke detector?
- Fill out the form below, or
- Call the fire station at 301-223-9112
What happens once I call or make a request?
- Your name, address and phone number will be logged into a request log. WVFEMS personnel will then contact you by telephone to schedule an appointment convenient for you to install your smoke detector(s). Please be patient, we are using our on-duty firefighters to install the detectors as quickly as possible.
NOTE: This program is not designed to replace the responsibility that landlords have to their renters to provide smoke detectors as outlined in State of Maryland Fire Codes. At the current time we do not provide free carbon monoxide alarms, however we can assist you with questions or installation if needed.