Williamsport Volunteer Fire – EMS, Inc., an emergency services organization which provides Basic and Advanced Life Support 911 transports as well as rescue and fire ground operations and event stand-by(s) to Williamsport and surrounding areas of Washington County, is accepting applications for part time BLS Provider/Firefighter.
• The position is a part time position working various shifts as needed on the schedule. The schedule includes shifts 7 days a week, including holidays. Shift times vary and are Sunday – Saturday 24 hour shifts 0700-0700 and some various hours for stand-bys or events.
• For salary information, contact EMS Coordinator, Gary Hoffman for this position.
• Benefits include uniforms and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
The BLS Provider will be responsible for all aspects of company operations to include but not limited to EMS, rescue and fire ground responses, station duties and other duties as assigned. A complete job description is available upon request.
• High School Graduate or G.E.D.
• Current Maryland EMTB
• Ability to obtain Washington County BLS affiliation
• Current CPR certification
• NIMS 100, 200, 700 and 800
• Hazmat Ops
• Approved EVOC drivers program
• Current Driver’s license with less than 3 points
Additional preferred training:
• Firefighter I
• Rescue Technician
• Pre-employment drug screening
• Pre-employment physical exam
Applications can be obtained on the WVFEMS website @ www.wvfems.org, in person at 2 Brandy Dr. Williamsport, MD 21795 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please forward questions to EMS Coordinator, Gary L. Hoffman, Jr. via email at email@example.com or via phone at 301-223-9112 ext. 112. This process will be open until needed positions are filled.