Williamsport Volunteer Fire – EMS, Inc., an emergency services organization which provides Basic and Advanced Life Support 911 transports as well as rescue and fire ground operations and event stand-by(s) to Williamsport and surrounding areas of Washington County, is accepting applications for full time ALS Providers/Firefighters.
• The position is a full time position working a 24 hours on / 48 hours off with a Kelly shift work schedule.
• The position is non-exempt.
• Benefits include health insurance, dental and vision insurance, short term disability, long term disability, AD&D, life insurance, paid time off (PTO), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), paid training, retirement and uniforms.
• Salary – Contact EMS Coordinator, Gary Hoffman @ 240-329-7277.
The ALS Provider will be responsible for all aspects of company operations to include but not limited to EMS, rescue and fire ground responses, station duties and other duties as assigned. A complete job description is available upon request.
• High School Graduate or G.E.D.
• Current Maryland CRT-I or Paramedic license
• Ability to obtain Washington County ALS affiliation
• Current CPR certification
• Current ACLS and PALS or PEPP certifications
• NIMS 100, 200, 700 and 800
• Hazmat Ops
• Approved EVOC drivers program
• Current Driver’s license with less than 3 points
Additional preferred training:
• Firefighter I
• Rescue Technician
• Pre-employment drug screening
• Pre-employment physical exam
Applications can be obtained on the WVFEMS website @ www.wvfems.org, in person at 2 Brandy Dr. Williamsport, MD 21795 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please forward questions to EMS Coordinator, Gary L. Hoffman, Jr. via email at email@example.com or via phone at 301-223-9112 ext. 112 or cell 240-329-7277. To be considered for this hiring process, applications are to be turned in to the EMS Coordinator. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.